Product and Mould Challenges
- VARIABLE PART THICKNESS ranging from 1.8 mm to 2.5 mm
- Expectation of low cycle time despite large size bumper surface area (3600T injection machine)
- Short TAT of 145 days to T1
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
- Casting Core Housing in moving half helped to reduce mould weight, mould height and cost
- Knock Out Ejection for large size part eliminating hydraulic cylinders thereby reducing cost and cycle time
- Air Assist Inserts in Core to avoid Sink Mark on components
- Sandwich Venting Inserts to avoid weld-line and avoid short fill of parts
Through Early Vendor Involvement (EVI), our product design team participated in conducting product feasibility and part optimizations in conjunction with the customer to optimize final release of CAD.
As a parallel activity; conceptual mould design was completed before final release of CAD to facilitate early procurement planning activities.
Concurrent Project Management while aiming at a Right First Time culture, thereby optimizing project lead time.